Paul Pogba admits he's still learning to adapt under Jose Mourinho at Man Utd


Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has admitted he is still learning to adapt as he adjusts to life under Jose Mourinho.
The France international returned to Old Trafford in a £89m world-record switch this summer but has been asked to curb his more attacking instincts in the current United set-up.

He has generally been asked to fulfil a holding midfield role in the 4-2-3-1 set-up Mourinho prefers, and has scored just once - against Leicester - in eight matches for United.
Pogba was deployed in a more attacking role for France in their World Cup Qualifier against Holland this week, and he repaid Didier Deschamps' faith with the winning goal in Amsterdam.

"I try to adapt," Pogba told the Manchester Evening News. "I am a player who would rather go forward. The coach gave me instructions, I try to follow them.

"I have to retrieve balls and make defensive efforts. It cost me a bit to play differently, much like Pirlo.
"I have to play, be there to recover and play more for the team."

 SkySports.com

Komentari

Noviji Stariji